Chicken Broccoli Casserole
Sometimes on a cold day, you just want a warm, home-style casserole. This hearty – and easy – casserole hit the spot on this late February night. I saw the original recipe HERE – and am glad I did. This one is a keeper!
Gather your ingredients:
- 3 cups cooked shredded chicken (I used rotisserie)
- 2 cups cooked and chopped broccoli
- 2 cans cream chicken soup (I got the healthy request kind)
- 1/2 cup sour cream (low-fat)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (divided)
- 1 1/2 cups bread crumbs
- 1/2 stick butter, melted
First, mix your chicken, broccoli, sour cream, cream of chicken soup and pepper in a large bowl.
Next, stir 1 cup of your shredded cheese.
Transfer to a 2 quart baking dish.
Melt your butter and mix in the 1 1/2 cups of bread crumbs.
Add the rest of your cheese to the top of the casserole and then layer on the bread crumbs.
Put in a 375 degree oven for 30 minutes – or until the cheese begins to bubble.
Serve the casserole over rice (I used brown) or serve by itself – it’s just as good!
Cheesy, broccoli goodness!!! YUM!